The Health Professionals of PReS (HP-PReS) Committee hosts all health professions that participate in the clinical care of and research for children with rheumatic diseases; for example nurses, nurse practioners, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists, social workers, physiatrists, sport scientists and podiatrists. HP-PReS participants seek the best possible, evidence based, approach to treat the physical and psychosocial consequences of a rheumatic disease in childhood and support patient and parents in dealing with these consequences in daily life.
The HP community is expanding its activities by exploring new ways of collaboration with the PReS Research, Educational and Clinical Affairs Committees, the working parties of PReS, the patients association ENCA and the EULAR HPR.
In 2 short videos you can learn about the structure of PReS and the connections of the HP in this structure.
Re-launch of HP Community of Practice and Science
Towards 2025 HP- PReS aims to develop a dedicated Community of Practice and Science: the ComPaS. In this group, HP exchange ideas, experiences, knowledge and skills and find resources in order to achieve the highest standards of care for all HP- disciplines, in line with the mission of PReS 2025: “Advance the care and improve the health and well-being of children and young people with rheumatic conditions”.
HP PReS calls for dedicated colleagues, willing to contribute to a European and global platform to improve the care leading to better outcomes for the children and their families.
Results 2020- 2022
- The HP Committee organised regular ZOOM meetings where HP from Europe, Canada, USA and even Auatralia (Members or aspiring PReS members, with an intention to become member) met and discuss in plenary and monodisciplinary subgroups. These are called “ComPaS meetings”( Community of Practice and Science).
- Recorded ZOOM meetings are post on the PReS website at the member protected area
- Two multidisciplinary interest groups around 2 themes (Pain and Fatigue management and Physical fitness/ Physical activity) were formed.
- HP experts discussed the development of recommendations for managing pain in JIA and promoting physical Activity, exercise and sports in JIA.
- Concept of Expert opinion based recommandations on PA, exercise and sports was developed
- HP’s joined 2 PReS Working Parties JDM and JIA.
- HP meetings gave input for Congress topics in 2021 en 2022
- 2 succesfull Health Professional Sessions with the help of more than more than 40 invited speakers with on the e-congresses
- Participation in 2 EULAR projects:
- Educational needs of Health Professionals in rheumatology, PI Valentin Ritschl
- Research Barriers for Health Professional in Rheumatolog, PI Erika Moser
- Newsletters were sent to HP Europe to inform on meetings and network activities.
Plans 2022-2023 - Educational Events
- Mini workshop on measuring physical fitness PReS congress 2022 in Prague
- Development of a Health Professional Courses in PReS Academy
The aim for this year is to continue to shape the direction of the ComPaS group by mixing and merging the participants in subgroups to explore the needs and opinions and give advice and propose plans to the PReS Discipline groups will give input for the development of a HP PReS Course.
Do you want to join this PReS Health Professional Community and connect with colleagues?
You are welcome in the ZOOM ComPaS meetings and have a seat in the network where activities and themes for the future are discussed.
In advance you are asked to fill in a survey where you can introduce yourself to the community and express your interest in the groups. You than will receive a ZOOM invitation. This form can also serve as an English CV when you decide to become a PReS member. (more information ) You can use my name to support your membership registration.
Chair Health Professionals in the PReS Council
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
For questions and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org