Health Professionals in Pediatric Rheumatology in PReS
PReS strongly emphasizes a multidisciplinary effort in clinical care and research in children with rheumatic diseases. It therefore seeks for collaboration with all professionals that participate in clinical care and research in the field of pediatric rheumatology.
The Health Professionals of PreS(HP-PreS) Committee hosts all health professions that participate in the care for children with rheumatic diseases like nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists, social workers and podiatrists. They are not a registered medical practitioner, although medical practitioners are welcome to join meetings.
In the PreS organization the HP-PreS Committee represents all Health Professionals in Pediatric Rheumatology (HPPR) from European countries and abroad.
HP-PReS participants seek for the best possible, evidence based, approach to treat the physical and psychosocial consequences of a rheumatic disease in childhood and support patient and parents in dealing with this consequences in daily life.
The HP-PreS Committee focuses its efforts on:
- Scheduling HPPR related topics in the annual congress program of PreS or in the joint program of the Eular/PReS
- Creating possibilities for sharing expertise, based on good clinical practice during the congress
- Developing protocols for clinical care e.g Project on Pain and Fatigue in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Supporting and initiating disability research e.g. Validation of CHAQ-38 in European countries
What does HP-PreS Committee membership has to offer?
- PreS-HPPR offers a growing international network for sharing expertise and collaboration in research.
- An international platform for presentation and discussion at the annual scientific meeting of PReS.
- An international network to meet European colleagues in a formal and informal ways.
- A membership that provides special rates at the annual scientific meetings and PReS initiated courses.
HP- PreS in the future:
- Develop a dedicated Community of Practice where HPPR exchange knowledge and skills, find resources and connect to the network in order to achieve the highest standards of care for all HPPR- disciplines, in line with the mission of PReS 2025:
Improve the health and well-being of children and young people with rheumatic conditions”
- Prepare a program for the PReS Congres in Prague in September 2020. Besides scientific topics, sessions are developed to enable the HP-PReS to choose shared goals for the next years and identify electronic tools to connect in between congresses. HPPR participating in the joint Eula/PReS congress in Madrid especially are invited to give input and collaborate.
- Exploring new ways of collaboration with the Research, Educational and Clinical affairs Committees, the working parties of PReS, the patient association ENCA and the Eular HPR
- Collaboration is sought with representatives of national HPPR societies to enhance dissemination of knowledge and information about PReS.
- New initiatives are welcomed, use the email below
- An electronic newsletter three times a year April, September and January
We hope to see you in Madrid 2019 or in Prague September 2020.
Your executive council member for the HP-PReS are:
Jeannette Cappon, chair elected
Amsterdam, The Netherlands