Application deadline: 15th December 2020
Both the Pediatric Rheumatology European Society (PReS) and the Paediatric Rheumatology INternational Trials Organisation (PRINTO) work to foster excellence in Paediatric Rheumatology, from training and clinical care to clinical trials. In order to foster expansion of the research activities of PReS, the Council envisaged a novel format of projects based on a tight collaboration with PRINTO. This PReS/PRINTO collaboration will consist in annual calls for projects in the context of the PReS Working Parties (WP2.0) and with the technical assistance from PRINTO.
|A call for grant was published in 2019 and resulted in 8 applications and one grant awarded to the project: “Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Localised Scleroderma Quality of Life Instrument (LoSQI) in juvenile localised scleroderma (JLS): a multicentre study of the PRES scleroderma working party in collaboration with members of the CARRA scleroderma working group” presented by Dr Clare Pain|
In this 2020 call, one project will be funded for a total of 3 years. PReS will grant a financial contribution to the winner of 10,000€/year (total 30,000€, covering primarily personnel, meetings and networking costs with volunteer participation from centres), and the equivalent in manpower (30,000€) will be provided by PRINTO. PRINTO will take care of the manpower time for technical assistance and all related infrastructure for implementation of international collaborative studies (feasibility, databases, ethics committees submission, data collection etc).
The requirements to participate in the call are the following:
- A PI and co-PI (one among the PI and co-PI under 40 years of age) who are members of a PReS WP2.0 and hold a valid PReS membership (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information);
- A PI and co-PI who are members of PRINTO (please visit https://test.printo.it/contact/apply-membership or contact email@example.com for further information);
- The proposed project must not have other sources of funding from other organizations/entities;
- The support requested to PRINTO must be clearly stated in the proposal.
The following features will be taken into account in the evaluation:
- Leadership and a coordination of the project clearly based in a European Pediatric Rheumatology Center
- Multicentric projects heavily involving, and heavily relying on, European Pediatric Rheumatology Centers. The involvement of at least 3 different countries is highly recommended
- Partners in the proposal must provide a formal commitment letter of support to the PI on their Institution letterhead with clear indication of their role in the project
- Patients involvement in the definition of the research needs and in the design of the proposal would be beneficial.
The deadline for presentation of the projects is close of play on 15th December 2020
Link to the application will be available soon
- PReS Council – Research: Fabrizio De Benedetti
- PReS Working Parties 2.0 Chair: ‘Ram’ Ramanan
- PRINTO: Nicola Ruperto